I was brought in to this job after the photo shoot for the client, Quick Lane. I was briefed on the art direction and provided with a mock-up of what the art director wanted to create with these two images.
The challenges on this job were the tight deadline and the fact that this art director and I had never worked together before. We had to quickly become accustomed to one another and communicate well. The photography was done as shot for strip, which meant that I had to review hundreds of images to mask into one master image.
I started by reviewing her mock-up. The first step was to stitch multiple different images into two different images as the base background. Then, I adjusted the color and contrast to match her mock-up. I gathered all the vehicle images and stripped the good areas of lighting into one workable file. I then did the same with each of the runners. Next, I matched the same adjustments as the background and masked them into the background. At this point, I felt that all the images combined properly into one file and requested a review with the art director. We worked together selecting distractions to remove in the background and on the product and further reviewed details like haze, light, focus and color.
Once all changes were incorporated into the images, as discussed with the art director, I sent the images back for review and approval. After minimal corrections, the images were approved.
I was able to achieve high quality results under pressure. The art director was very impressed and reported that the client loved the work. The client even requested prints for his office walls.